It was pretty easy. Access to the shell is very convenient, I could avoid downloading and uploading large files via my slow DSL; I moved them directly between servers instead. Database migration was also pretty easy, shell access was helpful again.
I’ve changed domain delegations yesterday’s night. Changes were effective this morning. The downtime was quite short and it was only the night hours.
I’m happy about the migration:
- my sites are now independent from the company servers
- I can run Django applications there
- The new hosting is fast and has a lot of space
- I’m always happy having new toys that work