I have submitted the thesis.
Formalities are not over yet, I need to get a signatures from the library and three other places. I was just about to get them all today, but…
…I got a puncture in the right front tire! The spare wheel is (of course!) unusable: no air in it. I’m currently in a school computer lab, waiting for my uncle who is going to help me get the spare wheel to the service. I’m starting to hate cars. The car I once owned was a disaster, lots of money spent on repairs, finally sold for a very low price. This one is not much better, borrowed from my mother, how could I know there’s no air in the spare wheel? I’ve made a list of things that need to be repaired in it, and I think the cost of repairs will be about half of the car’s value. I just need my formalities done.
Perhaps taxis would be cheaper?
I have proof-read a hardcopy of my thesis, made final corrections and commited them to the repository.
Transmitting file data ……..
Committed revision 384.
I noticed that the error rate varied across chapters. I think the earliest parts were the worst, there was no page left without a change. The newest parts, however, were mostly OK, with just few slight modifications.
Some of the corrections were because of the integrity and continuity. I expected to write or do some things that I haven’t finally written or done. For example, I planned to include an appendix, which occurred to be too big and was finally removed. I spotted and removed two references to the non-existing appendix today. At first, I considered this appendix an integral part of the thesis. However, it could distract readers from the main concept, i.e. the normalization. I wouldn’t like to discuss the details of the way I have normalized the International Nomenclature for CHD. It is a task for a medicine expert, I just had to do it in order to be able to move forward with my analysis.