Cosmetic changes do not take as little time as I expected them to. I’m still creating an index. URLs became magenta for some reason, but I think I can sort it out. I’ve translated the abstract to Polish, just in case.
I have to say that LaTeX has proven to be a very good technology for thesis writing. I’d like to point out two major advantages:
- There was a moment, when I stopped paying any attention to the presentation. My task was to enter the content. It does not mean I didn’t examine the PDF every now and then, only to ensure that everything looked fine.
- Cooperation with other people was easy thanks to the fact that LaTeX uses plain text source files. I used source control (Subversion) to keep track of every change in the document, and revert changes if needed. Lenina just edited the files, adding comments when needed. I was examining in vimdiff every change she made, reviewing it and merging into my sources.
The biggest trouble I (or rather Lenina) had was the articles. My native language does not have them, so I couldn’t really relate English text to it. Nevertheless, I think I’ve learned more English in last few days than in the previous two years.